Monday, August 6, 2012

Thing #16, Organizing the 2.0 way

I looked and rearranged the iGoogle tool. I can see how being able to arrange and place on an online homepage what I want to know could be very useful. I chose iGoogle because of my love of all things Google already. Unfortunately after I got my homepage all setup the way that I wanted it the site told me that iGoogle will not be a viable homepage for very much longer. I have set up homepages before and this seems to happen quite often so I chose not to go through the process again but will enjoy the iGoogle homepage while I can.
The online calenders can be very useful as a society that is on computers very often having reminders that popup on your screen and they ease with which you can organize them to have every detail of your day planned out or just major events are good features. I try to not be on the computer that often and had already setup the Google calender which is attached to my phone so the convenience of having a Google based operating system on my phone makes me find other online calenders obsolete for me.
 I can see how all of the online to-do checklists seem like far too much work for me. I am very much "old school" when it come to my to-do lists and other such things. I hand write them so it is easily marked off and I don't have to be on the computer or flipping through screens to mark off what I have done and look at what still needs to be done.
I can see how all of these tools could be very helpful for some people and how to keep some people well organized. I just don't see them as web 2.0 tools that I would use.

No comments:

Post a Comment