Monday, August 6, 2012

Thing #19, More social networking!

I joined TeacherPop which I can see as a fun an interesting way to stay connected to teachers and future teachers. I looked at Bake Space because I love to bake and any new and interesting recipes are always fun to try. I like the idea of swapping ideas about baking and cooking. I'm familiar with IMDB although I didn't realize it was considered a social network. I used it simply as a way to look up movies and actors; I'm not a big commentator on other people's opinions or ideas at least not on the internet. People tend to take things way too seriously and it usually develops into petty bickering. Yelp I have never used but I know a lot of friends who do and it's a great concept to be able to look up all sorts of places and find out what people think especially if it was a place you had never tried before. Some businesses who participate with Yelp also do special offers and giveaways for loyal customers.

I have made sure over the past few years to limit my social networking. For a while I was keeping up with a MySpace and a Facebook; I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was when everyone I knew stopped using MySpace so I didn't have to worry about checking it to see if any information was being given there as opposed to Facebook. When Google+ started I refused to join even though I love Google I did not want to have to worry about another social networking site. I like the idea of networking for professional reasons, but I definitely see that when I get to the point of networking for professional purposes I will most likely stop using all other forms of social networking because I think it's important to not lose too much time in front of the computer instead of participating in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment