Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thing #14, Flowcharts and Mind maps becoming more complex

I am not a fan of flow charts or mind maps. Throughout school I have never been good at doing them even when they were required. I like lists and I like to have things hand written when I go to type something up. I explored gliffy.com and bubbl.us. Gliffy was very easy to use and had many more functions than bubbl did. Of course this is probably because flowcharts are designed more to be for showing to others. A flowchart is something that needs to be eye-catching and easily understandable. I can see how flow charts are important tools and even mind mapping to organize ones thoughts and these sites that allow you to share your flowcharts or mind maps. You can also collaborate on gliffy with others that you designate. Flowcharts could be used in classrooms to help students understand the way things work for certain subjects, I just don't see how I would be comfortable using them to display historic ideas.


This is ridiculous flowchart that I created using gliffy.com   I have to admit it was kinda fun, but meant to be humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment