Monday, July 30, 2012

Thing #13, Collaborating with online Docs

Test Document on Zoho     
I made a test document with Zoho; not exactly a professional document but I was trying out several functions. It was very easy, because it is similar to Microsoft Word. I was able to create a free account that linked with my Google account, which makes it conveniently accessible and one less password to remember.    The site allows for sharing URLs, html codes, and being able to email documents  to other people. You can allow different IP addresses or create groups to work on a project together. This could be a great function when collaborating with teachers or when students have group projects and they can't all be together at once.  I had never heard of online programs like this before, but this seems to be a great tool for at home learning or collaboration.

Image Created with Google Docs     
I made an image with Google Docs. I was able to upload my own photo and than change things about the image. Again Google Docs was very easy to use and similar to the Microsoft programs. Trying to learn a bunch of different programs and their functions can be very difficult. The ease that I was able to make the image and navigate through the site was wonderful. Students could definitely collaborate on more than just simple word documents with Google docs. You can create word documents, images, forms, and presentations. That all function well and are easy to navigate. This is a great way to collaborate for students of all ages, old and young.

I prefer Google Docs because there is more than just word documents and like other Google items it is easy to navigate. I'm quite partial to using Google already and with having a Google email account it makes set up quite simple. The fact that a student or teacher would only need one site to collaborate on numerous kinds of documents is wonderful. I believe Zoho is a good site, just not a great site.

No comments:

Post a Comment