Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thing #9, Using Image Generators

This was created using Comic Strip Generator; there were hundreds of photos to choose from and you could choose your fonts, colors, and text size. Instead of making up what I was going to have Albert Einstein say I used one of my favorite Einstein quotes. Creating this comic strip was fairly easy and being able to save it to use either here in my blog or elsewhere is a nice feature.
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more 
This is from Image Chef, which is another good site to create fun images for a classroom or Power Point presentation. I liked how many different types of images there were to choose from, some of which were even animated. This was a very easily navigable site and making the image was as simple as choosing and typing what I wanted it to say. I liked that I was able to copy the HTML code and upload it into this blog.
Some of the other sites charged for their services or contained images that were very inappropriate to have for anyone under 18 years old, it was a little disturbing and surprising to come across. Of course, there were others that could be appropriate to use in the classroom and didn't charge. There are a lot of different ways a teacher could use any of these image generators. These are fun ways to get students involved in making signs to put up in the classroom or use in projects. It could be an assignment on a specific person in history and creating one of these with a quote from them, similar to what I did with Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment