Monday, July 23, 2012

Thing #12, Who doesn't like Google?

I have always liked Google. I know there are other search engines, but I enjoy the familiarity I have with Google. I am nothing if not constant when I like something I generally stick with it. I couldn't even try to count how many times a week I Google something, whether it's answers to questions during a discussion, locations of places, or new recipes Google is my way of finding out the information I need. I have used Google Translate in the past to decipher what was on a website or a friend had posted on a social networking site. It's simple to use, has lots of languages to choose from, and helps you translate from any language on the list to another language. I've seen sites that only have a very limited selection of languages and some are only specified to go from English to one other language or vice-verse. Also, with Google Translate you can download a browser that automatically translates sites for you.This would be great when doing research if necessary.
Google Calender let's you share your schedule with family, friends, or even with students and their parents. This would be a great tool to use in the classroom that would send reminders about homework, projects, tests, or event going on in the classroom. You can send email, computer, or mobile reminders and alerts. You can color code events, make guest lists, and send invites. You can make certain events public and others private, so you only share the information you want to be seen by others. You can set up events to repeat themselves on specific days and when to either have the event stop happening or to go on continuously. Allows you to set a place and description for the event. This would be great for letting parents know where a field trip was going and what the intended lesson is for that field trip. You can print out the calender schedule as well.
My Google Calender


No comments:

Post a Comment