Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thing #2, Creating a Blog

I'm not sure which was more nerve racking about creating my blog, the name of it or my domain name. I wanted something catchy as the title, while being representative of me. I liked the play on words of "On My Way to History, Teaching" I had to add my last name so the blog could be easily identified with me. I wanted the domain name to be some easily remembered and that I could use later if I wanted to continue the blog after this class is over.
Once I got past picking my domain name and title, the rest of creating my blog was fun. I liked being able to pick my background, color scheme, and layout of the blog. I didn't go crazy with the layout, choosing to stay simple so the blog is easy to navigate. I'm excited about my background choice of books, I love to read and am a stickler for actual books instead of e-readers. I think being able to set up the blog to reflect me makes this less like homework and more personal. Having the opportunity to be professional in what feels like a personal space should be a good experience for me, because when I become a teacher I will need to be professional in and out of my classroom. 
My avatar was fairly simple to make. I think that my avatar reflects what I look like pretty well. Other than, I hardly ever where my hair down and only where glasses half the time, I prefer contacts. I choose to have my avatar wear glasses because I was wearing my glasses when I made the avatar and I prefer the way my hair looks down. I thought about making an avatar that didn't resemble me, but felt like that would defeat the purpose of the blog. 
I'm still a little apprehensive about this blog and having to reflect my thoughts and feelings into the open world wide web. Although, I think this will be a good experience for me and will keep me on my toes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment