Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thing #3, Practical during school and future classroom

After this class is over, the blog can be used while I'm continuing with my education to log my thoughts, ideas, and websites that could be of help in the future. Being able to blog and have all of my ideas in one place will allow me to continue to have access to the resources that I learn about on my journey through school. This is very important to have all my ideas and ideas that have been given to me during my classes in one easily accessible spot. I learn so much, so quickly, and sometimes ahead of when I need the information that it will likely calm my nerves to have it all easily organized in one place. As a future teacher, being able to reflect on what I do and don't like about the organization of my classes will help me to identify how I want to structure my future lesson plans.
Having a blog already set up when I begin teaching will provide a place for future employers to get to know me a little more than just my resume and interview. This could help me get a job by seeing my organizational skills and my ideas for teaching. I believe a blog could be helpful while I'm teaching to keep parents and students up to date on what is going on in the classroom. Also to allow the parents to see the dedication that I have to not only teaching but their students. Parents entrust their children, whom they love and care for, to teachers and they want to know that their children matter to their teachers just as they matter to them. Having an open form of communication between parents of my students will hopefully help in getting all students to achieve their full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment