Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thing #10, RSS feeds

I had never heard of RSS or newsreaders and certainly didn't know what they did. After exploring how easy Google Reader is I like everything about the service. I choose Google Reader because it is attached to my email  and this blog. Having one site to locate all of the information is a great way to stay organized and stay on top of what is happening. The ability to organize the newsfeeds in personal and professional files through the newsreaders will be a great tool for me, especially as I get further along in my professional career.
Any teacher can use an RSS feed to keep a collection of any information or sites that they want to use to help prepare or use in a lesson plan. These RSS feeds are the same as keeping binders of information without all the bulk and can be accessed by any computer anywhere you go. Not having to worry whether you remembered everything will be another great way to take some of the stress away from teachers. I don't like the idea of having a public Google Reader page, there maybe sites that people would judge me for having a bias one way or another as a teacher.
A few of the sites I choose to follow with my RSS Reader:
Social Studies and History Teacher's Blog 
Clarksville Civil War Roundtable 
An Urban Teacher's Education
I Want To Teach Forever


No comments:

Post a Comment