Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thing #7, Uploading photos with Flickr and Blogger uploader

Campus by Shanna827
Campus, a photo by Shanna827 on Flickr.
I took this picture during the Spring because I think the Austin Peay campus is beautiful when the plants begin to bloom, mixed with the brick buildings, black benches, and old timey light poles. I uploaded this image to Flickr, which was extremely easy. Although, trying to do anything other than uploading is a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I know that there are tutorials that go over everything that the site does, but even the tutorials are hard to follow. The site offers so much that you can do with your photos; how to catalog, tag, and share photos with friends, family,or the world. I don't think I will use Flickr for personal use; I already have a Facebook and I don't see a need to post the same pictures in more than one place for more people to be able to go through. Flickr could possibly be used in a classroom by creating a group of photos that pertained to current lesson plans, with additional information for the students. It could also be used for classroom photos of projects that the students have done; it would be important to make sure that no pictures of students were posted because that could start legal issues with using images of minors without parental consent. As a teacher, it is always better to be safe than sorry. 
This picture I took a couple of weeks ago leaving Catalina Island, California at sunset. I uploaded it by using the add a picture function on Blogger. It was a much easier process no tutorials to read or setups to do; just browse for the photo that I wanted and was done. I'm most certainly a person who likes things to be as simple as possible if I'm going to be the one using it. It's exciting how much sites like Flickr can do and how useful they can be to people who are well versed in such application. I have used a photo sharing website before; I used Photobucket, but not for my personal photos just for random photos I found on the site through it's search. It has been four or five years since I used Photobucket and I'm sure that if I tried to use it now I would find it as complicated as Flickr is to me. All websites change their functions and the look of their sites and if you don't try to keep up, you get quickly left behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment